The CNC EDM machine is mainly used for complex cavity and curved surface processing of various conductors such as various molds and precision parts manufacturing. It has the characteristics of high machining accuracy, high finish and fast speed.
(1) The energy density of the pulse discharge of the CNC EDM machine is high, and the CNC EDM machine is convenient for processing special materials and workpieces with complex shapes that are difficult or impossible to process by ordinary machining. The CNC EDM machine is not affected by material hardness and heat treatment.
(2) The pulse discharge duration of the EDM drilling machine is very short, the heat conduction and dispersion scale generated during the discharge is small, and the material is affected by the heat small scale.
(3) When the CNC EDM machine is processing, the east and west electrodes are not in contact with the workpiece material, and the macroscopic force between the two is small.
(4) The CNC EDM process of the CNC EDM machine is simple, the machine tool is easy to operate, and the labor intensity of workers is reduced.
(1) For the processing of small holes with difficult-to-machine materials and complex spatial orientation of parts in aerospace engines, such as small holes on parts such as blades, flame tubes, mounting edges, annular parts, etc., in addition to processing round holes, waist holes can also be processed. High processing efficiency and low cost.
(2) It can penetrate directly from the inclined surface and curved surface of the workpiece, and is not limited by the hardness and toughness of the material. In addition to processing general conductive materials, it can also smoothly process other difficult-to-machine materials such as stainless steel, hardened steel, cemented carbide, and high-temperature and heat-resistant materials.
The processing characteristics of the traditional process of aluminum materials generally need to be processed by ordinary manual machine tools. Machining requires manual operation. Shake the mechanical handle to make the tool cut metal, so as to achieve the purpose of processing. During the operation, tools such as calipers need to be used to measure and fix the position of the machining hole of the product, so the machining accuracy of the product is not high. Especially when some products have many holes and require high precision, it will be difficult to meet the standard. The CNC EDM machining is different from traditional processes. First of all it is an automatic machine tool controlled by programming. The program control system can logically process and control the program. This program can be decoded by a computer. According to the designed action, the blank can be processed into a semi-finished product by cutting the aluminum material product with a knife. The precision of the products processed by the CNC machining center can reach 0.01mm. Not only is the precision high, but unnecessary parts can be removed by arbitrary programming, and drilling, tapping, milling, cutting, etc. can be completed in one step.