Small hole EDM drilling refers to a machine tool that uses the principle of electric discharge machining to process holes smaller than 5 mm. For processing small and medium-sized molds, the processing characteristics of small hole drilling machines are not limited by the hardness of metal materials. The template of the small hole drilling machine can first use the small hole quenching CNC EDM machine to process the required hole type to ensure the quality and improve the service life.
Using a continuously moving thin wire (called an electrode wire) as an electrode, the workpiece is subjected to pulse spark discharge to remove metal and cut into shape. Different from wire EDM machine tools and forming machines, the electrodes of its electric pulse are hollow copper rods. The medium passes through the copper rod hole and discharges the workpiece, corrodes the metal to achieve the purpose of perforation, and is used to process fine holes of superhard steel, cemented carbide, copper, aluminum and any conductive substances.
1. The processing of small hole EDM drilling is unstable
(1) The electrode liquid outlet is skewed and the liquid is not straight, resulting in unstable processing.
(2) The low quality of the electrode may cause this situation, please replace the electrode.
(3) The short-circuit retraction is often performed when processing deep holes. It may be that the front end of the electrode is not straight or the center hole of the drill chuck and the center hole of the guide are not concentric. If the front end of the electrode is not straight, please change the direction of the electrode. If the center hole is not concentric with the guide, please use the adjusting mandrel to readjust the concentricity.
(4) Check whether the workpiece and electrode clamping are reliable.
(5) The electric discharge machining voltage cannot be adjusted, or is short-circuited or open-circuited, and the servo system may be faulty.
(6) Whether the discharge wire is connected reliably.
The electrode quality is not high or the workpiece material has slag inclusions, resulting in uneven wear at the end of the electrode, resulting in electrode skew, which can be truncated and better electrode and workpiece materials should be used.
2. The processing speed of small hole EDM drilling is low
(1) First, check whether the parameter settings of the small hole EDM drilling are normal.
(2) Check whether the working pressure is normal, if it is lower, please adjust it to about 7MPA.
(3) Whether the flushing fluid is strong and smooth.
(4) The electrode of the small hole EDM drilling is not straight, and the electrode moves in a circle after rotating.